Sonel MPI-506 Multifunctional Electrical Installations Meter
Multifunctional Electrical Installations Meter
A great little multitasker
The multifunction meter of electrical installation parameters Sonel MPI-506 is a unique model of a handy meter used for precise measurements of electrical installation parameters. In its sleek and compact dimensions, the meter conceals a wealth of measurement functions. An additional advantage of this device is its extremely handy and ergonomic form, which makes it easy to carry and increases the comfort of work.
The Sonel MPI-506 meter is one of the smallest multifunction meters on the market; it surprises with intuitive operation and extended capabilities. It's a versatile instrument that is ready to work in all conditions. It has been designed for specialists in the installation and electrical industries, as well as for professional measuring engineers.
With this instrument it is possible to perform basic measurements of various types, including measurements of short-circuit loop parameters, insulation resistance, resistance of protective and equalising connections, as well as testing of residual current devices (RCD) of type AC and A. Due to its compact form and favourable price, the meter will appeal especially to novice users. Its excellent working precision means that its advantages will also be appreciated by advanced measuring engineers.
Great little multitasker
- Measurement of short circuit loop parameters
- Measurement of short circuit loop impedance in networks with rated voltage: 220/380 V, 230 V/400 V, 240/415 V and frequency 45…65 Hz, operating voltage range: 180…460 V
- Indication of short circuit loop resistance R and short circuit loop reactance X
- Measurements of short circuit loop impedance with 15 mA current, without tripping the RCD circuit breaker
- Maximum test current: 7.6 A (at 230 V), 13.3 A (at 400 V)
- Testing RCD breakers of AC, A types
- Testing of prompt, short-delay and selective RCDs with rated current values 10, 15, 30, 100, 300, 500 mA
- Measurement of IA trip current and tripping time tA for currents 0.5 IΔn, 1 IΔn, 2 IΔn, 5 IΔn
- RE and UB measurement without RCD tripping
- Extended AUTO function of RCD measurement, with the possibility of measuring ZL-PE with low current
- Measurement of IA and tA during one RCD tripping
- Insulation resistance measurement
- Test voltage 100 V, 250 V, 500 V
- Measurement of resistance of protective conductors and equipotential bondings
- Measurement of protective connections continuity with a ±200 mA current in accordance with EN 61557-4
- Autocalibration of test leads - any leads can be used
- Low current resistance measurement with sound signaling
- Phase sequence indication
- Checking the correctness of PE connection using a contact electrode.
- Measurement of voltage (0 … 500 V) and network frequency.
- Memory of 990 results.
- Wireless data transmission to a computer.
- Backlit keypad.
Simplicity and cutting edge technologies
MPI-506 is probably the world's smallest meter with such a large number of measurement functions. The functions are selected with a rotary switch. Additional parameters are set with buttons located on the housing face. The settings are saved by the device even when the battery is completely discharged. All buttons and the modular display have backlight, which significantly improves operation in low light. Large memory eliminates the need for taking notes during the measurements.
Inspection of electrical safety
This device may be used to inspect safety of electrical systems in households and industrial facilities. Its main advantage is quick measurement (just a few seconds!) of fault loop impedance in circuits with RCD.
Measurements can be easily automated with:
- auto mode of residual current devices (RCD) tests,
- the WS adapter that can be used for testing systems via standard 230 V sockets
Increased resistance to environmental conditions
The meter will cope well in difficult environmental conditions. Protection against penetration of dust and water is ensured by a unique housing with a level of protection IP67.
Communication and software
You can easily transfer measurement data to your computer via Bluetooth wireless communication. In order to generate a report on measurements for electric shock protection, use Sonel Reports PLUS software. Saving the downloaded data to the simplest formats and printing is provided by free Sonel Reader software.